Friday, June 19, 2009

New in Norfolk


Allow me to introduce myself (I am, after all, following on the heels of Emily Post’s Etiquette): I am the Jean Outland Chrysler Library Summer 2009 Cataloging Fellow. A recent library school graduate, I am thrilled to have this opportunity to put my skills and experience to use in the Jean Outland Chrysler Library. This summer, I will be working to input materials (books, photographs, films, and more) into the library catalog and to make using the catalog to search and find materials easier for all. In my first week, I have cataloged many interesting new books. Among my favorites is Harold Gregor’s Illinois, an exhibition catalog of photo-realist paintings. This is my first visit to Norfolk (my hometown is Chicago) and I am looking forward to exploring the Library, the Museum, and the City.

- Rachel Juris, 2009 Jean Outland Chrysler Library Cataloging Fellow

1 comment:

  1. I hope you'll enjoy Norfolk as much as I enjoy visiting Chicago! Welcome aboard! Cheryl Little

    ReplyDelete